To read the previous part of this story, click here.
- Abu `Abs `Abdur-Rahman ibn Jabr narrated that the Messenger of Allah (SWT) said: "Anyone whose both feet get covered with dust in Allah's Cause will not be touched by the (Hell) fire." [Reported by Al Bukhari in the book of Jihad and battles, chapter on those whose feet were dusted in the way of Allah 3/207].
- Al Hafizh ibn Hajar said: If just the contact between feet and dust prohibits Hell for the body, how about those who exert efforts and do their best in that track?! [Fathul-Bary 6/30].
* Salman (RA) narrated: I heard the Messenger of Allah saying: "Observing Ribat in the way of Allah for a day and a night is far better than observing Sawm (fasting) for a whole month and standing in Salah in all its nights. If a person dies (while performing this duty), he will go on receiving his reward for his meritorious deeds perpetually, shall take the same provision, and he will be saved from Al Fattan (the Anti Christ)." [Reported by Muslim in the book of emirate, chapter on the virtue of Ribat in the cause of Allah (may He be Glorified and Exalted) 6/51].
- Imam An-Nawawy commented on the Hadith: This is an apparent virtue for a Murabit (someone guarding the Muslim frontiers in Allah's Cause) and delivering the reward of his actions to him after his death is a virtue that is given solely to him.
- It was explicitly reported in the sources of Hadiths other than Sahih Muslim: "The actions of every dead person come to a halt with his death except the one who is on the frontier in Allah's way (i.e., observing Ribat).This latter's deeds will be made to go on increasing for him till the Day of Resurrection." [Sahih Muslim with the explanation of An-Nawawy].
As for the Prophet's saying which was reported by Muslim in the book of will, chapter on the reward which man gets after his death: "When a man dies, his acts come to an end but three: Sadaqah Jariyah (ceaseless charity); a knowledge which is beneficial, or a virtuous descendant who prays for him (for the deceased)," he commented on this meaning: Scholars said: The meaning of Hadith is that the actions of a dead stop by his death and the reward stops except in these matters
because he was a cause in doing them: A child is begotten by him, knowledge which he left behind such as knowledge or writings, and the ceaseless charity which is endowment. [Sahih Muslim with the explanation of An-Nawawy 11/85].
- The wordings of the Hadith which An-Nawawy attributed to At-Tirmidhy are: "Every dying person has his deeds sealed except one who dies guarding the frontiers in Allah's path. His deed is grown for him till the Day of Resurrection, and he is safe from the trial of the grave." [He said: It is a good and authentic Hadith, book of the virtues of Jihad, chapter on Hadiths reported about the virtue of the one who died as a Murabit (someone guarding the Muslim frontiers in Allah's Cause) No. 1621, 4/165].
- As for the Prophet's saying: "shall take the same provision," it is in harmony with Allah's Saying about martyrs: "They are alive, with their Lord, and they have provision." [Surat Al `Imran: 169].
* Abu Mas`ud Al Ansary narrated: "A man brought a muzzled she-camel and said: It is (offered) in the way of Allah. Thereupon, the Messenger of Allah (SWT) said: For this you will have seven hundred she-camels on the Day of Judgment all of which will be muzzled." [Reported by Muslim in the book of emirate, chapter on the virtue of giving charity and doubling it for Allah's Sake 6/41].
- It probably means: He has the reward of 700 she-camels.
- It probably means: He has 700 she-camels in Paradise, each one of them are muzzled, where he rides them whenever he wants as was reported about the horses of Paradise and their offspring; this probability is more correct. And Allah knows best! [Sahih Muslim with the explanation of An-Nawawy 13/38].
To read the next part of this story, click here.
Sharing is caring. Please spread the story around your friend and show your love to us! May Allah (swt) bless us, forgive us and give us more rewards.